Friday 2 March 2018

Easy changes - Tips for more sustainable lifestyle



I chose these words by Carl Sagan, a famous American scientist, as an epigraph to our lesson with my second-year students last Wednesday (blended learning design of the lesson is available here). Together we explored the blogs of sustainable influencers in order to make a list of changes that everyone should introduce into their lives to help the environment.


Let's take a closer look at the word "sustainable". It has several meanings and you can read the definitions with examples in Oxford or Cambridge dictionaries. In our context it means "conserving an ecological balance by avoiding depletion of natural resources" or "causing little or no damage to the environment, and therefore able to continue for a long time". 
Sustainable lifestyle - стиль життя, що завдає мало шкоди навколишньому середовищу.
Synonyms of sustainable lifestyle - eco-friendly, green-living lifestyle.

Sustainable influencers are bloggers who use social media to promote a sustainable lifestyle.
 Here are my favourites:

1.Trash is Tossers by Lauren Singer from New York who lives a zero waste lifestyle.

2. Use Less by Signe Hansen from Denmark about a simple lifestyle with less waste.

3. Sustainably Chic by Natalie Kay from Florida with tips and tricks for creating an environmentally friendly wardrobe and beauty routine.
4. Sarah Wilson's blog about minimalism.

And here are some of the tips on the eco-friendly lifestyle that we posted on Twitter under hashtags #GoGreenandEcofriendly and #greenlifestyle.










1 comment:

My Favourite Toy - Students' Stories

  Dmytro Kutniy When I was little, my favorite toy was a small yellow car. I got it for my fifth birthday from my parents. The car was small...