Friday 20 March 2020

Home Reading - Witches Loaves

Завдання

1. Read Part I of the story "Witches' Loaves" by O.Henry (с.116-117.). Copy out the unknown words into your vocabularies.

2. Do Ex.2, p.117, Ex.3,4, p.118.

3. Read Part II of the story (p.118-119). Copy out the unknown words into your vocabularies.

4. Do Ex.2, p.119.

5. Complete the sentences:
1) On the shelf behind the counter there was...
2) With a bread knife Miss Martha made...
3) She imagined his face when ... .
4) His face was ..., his hat was..., his hair was... .
5) He shook ... .
6) "You have....", he ... .
7) He worked ... .
8) You know, a draughtsman ... .
9) When it is ..., he ... .
10) Miss Martha went ... .
11) She took off ... and put on... , then she poured... .

6. Complete the words about art. All the words are used in the text of the story.
a_ _ ist
p_ _ n_ing
pi_ _ ure
dr_ _ ing
bru _ _es
pe_ _ il


7. Copy out all the irregular verbs from the text of the story.
Keep - kept, be - was, have - had ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favourite Toy - Students' Stories

  Dmytro Kutniy When I was little, my favorite toy was a small yellow car. I got it for my fifth birthday from my parents. The car was small...