Tuesday 7 February 2017

Sapphire Jubilee of Elizabeth II as a British Monarch

Yesterday Queen Elizabeth II marked 65 years on British throne. She became the first British monarch to reign for 65 years. Her Sapphire Jubilee was marked with ceremonial gun salutes at London's Green Park and the Tower of London, and in several other locations across the United Kingdom. The bells at Westminster Abbey in central London were also rung in honor of the occasion. 
A photograph taken by British photographer David Bailey in 2014 has been reissued to celebrate the anniversary. In the photo, the Queen is wearing sapphire jewelry that was given to her as a wedding gift by her father King George VI in 1947.
CNN

1 comment:

  1. It is very interesting to know more about Queen. I like to read historical facts. Now I am reading the book "History of Britain" and this information is useful for me. Thank you! I would like to know more about Royal Family.

    ReplyDelete

My Favourite Toy - Students' Stories

  Dmytro Kutniy When I was little, my favorite toy was a small yellow car. I got it for my fifth birthday from my parents. The car was small...