Monday 28 November 2016

Education in Great Britain

Complete the sentences
1.    Before schooling children in Britain go to…
2.    From the age of 5 till 11 kids get…
3.    Children go to infant school at the …, and at 7 they transfer to…
4.    At 11 pupils…
5.    Secondary education is provided in such schools as…
6.    Comprehensive schools are… and they are run by…
7.    Grammar schools offer… Children enter them on the basis of…
8.    Secondary modern schools provide…
9.    Some parents prefer to send their kids to…
10. Private schools for children aged 13-18 are called…
11. A lot of public schools are… where pupils live as well as study.
12. The most famous public schools include…
13. These schools are attended by…
14. At the age of 16 pupils take… and they may…
15. Those who stay at school prepare for…
16. To enter a British university you need good “A” level results in…
17. The oldest universities in Britain are…
18. Universities award…
19. Post-secondary education in England is also provided by…
20. City Technology Colleges operate in… and they are… .

18 comments:

  1. Natalia Vladimirovna, I don't know how to complement this sentence.
    "Those who stay at school prepare for....."??????
    Help me please)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of exams do the students take if they want to enter a university?

      Delete
  2. Natalia Vladimirovna,this is Vasilenochka)
    Help me please, I don't know 19 sentence((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What educational establishments provide post-secondary education in Britain? Which of them operate only in England and Wales? only in England?

      Delete
  3. Natalia Vladimirovna, I don't know 15 sentence? Help me, please)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of exams do the students take if they want to enter a university? You can find it in English 10 by O.Karpiuk.

      Delete
  4. This excecise is very interesting)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalia Vladimirovna, I think in 17 sentence necessary to insert the words: "The oldest universities in Britain are Oxford and Cambridge". It's right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Natalia Vladimirovna:)

      Delete
  7. Natalia Vladimirovna, I think in 2 sentence necessary to insert the words:"From the age of 5 till 11 kids get primary education". It's right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Natalia Vladimirivna,help me)
    I think in 18 sentence necessary to insert the words: "Universities award two kinds of degrees: the Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree". It's right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Natalia Vladimirovna, I think in 2 sentence necessary to insert the words:From the age of 5 till 11 kids get primary education ? It's right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad to see you are busy with your homework, girls :)

    ReplyDelete

My Favourite Toy - Students' Stories

  Dmytro Kutniy When I was little, my favorite toy was a small yellow car. I got it for my fifth birthday from my parents. The car was small...