Friday 17 March 2017

Happy St. Patrick's Day


St. Patrick’s Day is a global celebration of the Irish culture on March 17 which remembers St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland. It began as a religious feast day in the 17th century. Now St. Patrick's Day has evolved into a variety of festivals across the globe celebrating Irish culture with parades, special foods, music, dancing, and a whole lot of green.

Find out more here: 
Watch the videos and learn about the origins of the holiday


Now that you know a lot about St.Patrick's Day can you answer the question: What plant do the people wear during the celebrations and why? Write your answers in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favourite Toy - Students' Stories

  Dmytro Kutniy When I was little, my favorite toy was a small yellow car. I got it for my fifth birthday from my parents. The car was small...